On July 20, 1969, the first spaceflight landed humans on the Moon. Three names Neil Armstrong, Buzz Aldrin, Michael Collins and the Apollo 11 Space Program will forever remain engraved in history of humankind. For the 50th anniversary of NASA’s breakthrough achievement, TradeMachines prepared an image gallery presenting 7 tools used by the Apollo 11 astronauts during their lunar landing mission.
The historic Moon landing paved the way for future space exploration. The mission allowed the astronauts to take valuable lunar samples like pebbles, rocks, soil, sand or dust back to Earth. Obtaining samples for scientific analysis changed our understanding of our solar system after the Earth and the Moon were formed.
In order to collect the lunar materials, the astronauts were equipped with special tools. However, to get rid of extra kilograms on the way back, many of the tools were left behind. Have a look at the image gallery and find out which of them were abandoned on the Moon.
See image gallery:
- TradeMachines is a meta search engine for used machinery. We consolidate offers from traders and auctioneers all over the world, and have every type of machine under one roof. Our platform is a convenient way for potential buyers to search for local and global offers online.
- Reprint free of charge.
- Image source can be found in image gallery.
- In case of usage of our work please credit us by inserting a link to trademachines.com
- All pictures used are free of rights.
- For more information about TradeMachines, please contact email@example.com